Permission to Skate and Releases
No player is allowed to skate with another female hockey association until mid-April of the year they are trying out for, and only with permission from their current association.
What is a Permission to Skate (PTS) and when do I need one?
- Every player registered to an association cannot skate with another female organization without approval from their current association
- A PTS is the form you are required to complete if you want to tryout for another female hockey association.
What is a release and when do I need one?
- A Release removes you from the NCFHA. You are “assigned” to a new Association in the OWHA database.
- No paper releases will be provided.When you sign with a new association an automatic release will be generated in the registration system. The Registrar will confirm the player does not have any outstanding obligations to their current team and will perform the electronic release.
Process to obtain a PTS
Follow one of the two instructions below:
- Download, print and complete the OWHA Permission to Skate form for the 2021/22 season. Scan/email the form to the email as instructed below.
- Download the PDF version of the OWHA Permission to Skate form for the 2021/22 season. Fill it out on your computer and save the form with a different file name. Email the form as an attachment to the email as instructed below.
Email completed forms to firstname.lastname@example.org using the subject line structure “PTS - Current Team - Player Name”. NCFHA will keep the original and a signed scanned copy will be sent to your email address. If you do not get a response within 72 hours, please resubmit to ensure that the information was received. Make copies of the PTS form and take it with you to every tryout at other associations, they will need a copy.
When will the NCFHA begin to accept PTS forms?
PTS forms will not be accepted prior to August 8, 2021.